Senior Accountant/Tax Accountant
Kent-based CPA practice Clark & Associates CPA P.S. is seeking to add a Senior Accountant/Tax Accountant to serve clients in performing accounting and tax preparation services. The Accountant will assist in maintaining clients QuickBooks files, preparing filings for local, state and federal tax compliance and both prepare and review tax returns.
If you like being challenged and are committed to constant improvement of your process and yourself, then this is the firm for you. We’re looking for someone who understands fundamental accounting principles and has real world experience in applying those principles to solve business problems. Our clients come to us for solutions, and this position will play a key role, frequently working directly with clients to determine the best solution for a given situation.
The successful candidate will be the primary point of contact for many new and existing clients, and must have a professional and positive demeanor in person and on the phone. The firm has a commitment to excellence in all we do, and all employees must commit to upholding and expanding that level of excellence to provide legendary customer service and an outstanding client experience.
Basic functions of the position include:
- Prepare tax returns for individuals and small businesses.
- Prepare compliance returns for state excise tax, payroll taxes (state and federal), personal property taxes
- Prepare W-2s and 1099s each year
- Monitor and advise clients of updates and/or changes in their filing requirements due to changes in their business or regulatory needs.
- Assist clients with oversight of their QuickBooks records, both online and desktop; perform and/or review account reconciliations, chart of accounts maintenance
- Other tasks as assigned we are a small office and the term not my job does not apply here.
Skills considered critical to the successful execution of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required; qualification to sit for CPA exam strongly preferred
- CPA credential preferred; Candidates who previously earned the CPA credential but which is now inactive are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in the preparation of individual tax returns, with an understanding of the tax code, forms and regulations; understanding of rules for corporations and partnerships and experience with business tax returns is preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with QuickBooks, both desktop and Online, is essential
- One year of experience working in public accounting previously is preferred
- At least 3 years overall experience in an accounting role is required
- Must be a thought leader when it comes to technology candidates should be tech savvy generally, and be willing and able to be self-directed and motivated to find new ways of achieving higher efficiency throughout the office operations. The firm leverages technology heavily and all employees will be expected to consistently contribute to increased efficiency and troubleshoot any issues with hardware and software. We often coach clients on the technical aspects of their software solutions as part of our client experience, making this a critically important set of skills and attitudes.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Be able to work in an environment with many interruptions and multitask with composure, able to manage multiple ongoing projects at the same time while maintaining control and workflow efficiency.
Applicants will need to pass a criminal background and credit check, and be willing to sign non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreements.
Position is full time; we keep normal business hours outside of tax seasons. Tax season volumes necessitate additional work demands on all staff at times to meet filing demands and sustain service levels key attitude here is flexibility.
Salary and job title depending on experience and skill set. High performing individuals contributing to the Firm’s bottom line will be compensated accordingly.
We offer company paid medical, dental and vision, long term disability, and group term life. The position is eligible for two weeks paid time off annually plus seven paid holidays.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org